Friday, March 11, 2022

Making A Trident: Ukraine's Coat Of Arms | Soft Soldered



My grandfather Klyment Potylycki came to the United States from Lviv, Ukraine in October 1913. He was 24 years old, had $14.00 to his name, and the boat trip took two weeks.

My family has always followed Ukrainian customs and traditions as many of my long-time readers know, because I've talked about it here over the years and have shared my love for Ukrainian traditional handcrafts and cooking. 

I've written blog posts about things like how to make pysanky (Ukrainian Easter eggs) and how to make homemade perogies


My grandfather Klyment

Like most people, I am distraught over the war in Ukraine. It's heartbreaking. 

I'm not going to get into it any deeper than that because that is not the purpose of this blog. 

But I will always continue to practice and share my family traditions that have been passed down through my Ukrainian heritage. These things can never be taken away. 



 
I wanted to create a trident - Ukraine's official coat of arms - out of wire and solder, just for myself. I make a lot of videos that are tutorials and teaching videos. This one is different. It is just a video to watch and think about. 


Check out the video here


I hope you join me for this soft soldering video and that you find some inspiration watching.

See all of my jewelry making videos here 




You might also like:











Article copyright ©Laura Beth Love 2022 and may not be republished in print or other media without express written permission from the author. For any link updates or corrections leave correct info in comment area