Don't know what to do with that old dresser that you no longer need in the bedroom?
How about repurposing that old salvaged dresser and turning it into a unique, one
of a kind new kitchen island? Check out the examples below for what you can
do with a little bit of paint and some creative thinking and maybe you'll be
inspired to upcycle your own old dresser into a fantastic new
kitchen island! Read on for more tips and ideas!
Here are a few ideas for how to turn your old dresser into a new kitchen island:
- Don't be afraid to use color! Sometimes a bright or bold pop of color is exactly what a kitchen needs.
- Replace old drawer pulls with new hardware, possibly some that matches your cabinet hardware.
- Think about using the sides as creative storage spaces: add hooks for potholders or utensils, or a towel rack to hang kitchen towels. Large magnets are also great for holding utensils.
- Add casters to the legs so that you can move it around easily.
- Add bead board to the backside or even a chalkboard or chalkboard paint! (here's a how-to).
- Remove drawers (and use those elsewhere in your home) to create open storage inside of the dresser - this is great for storing larger pots and pans or cookbooks!
- Choose a sturdy top for your dresser. If you are going to be doing a lot of food preparation on it, you may want to replace the top with a piece of marble or butcher block wood (check Ikea!).
I love these colors! Dresser turned kitchen island via hgtv
This large dresser painted a sunny yellow brightens up the kitchen!
Dresser to colorful kitchen island upcycle from Remodelaholic (above and below)
Dresser drawers make great kitchen storage! Image from Country Living
Dresser turned kitchen island from Remodelaholic
Kitchen island in bright blue
Add a chalkboard to the backside (or use chalkboard paint!)Here's how to make your own chalkboard paint
Did you enjoy this post? You might also enjoy:
What do you think?
I hope you have a great week
My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns