Friday, April 29, 2022

How To Make A Ring With Vintage Tin & Soft Solder

 


Hi friends! Last week on my vlog I told you I was going to create a project with vintage biscuit tins and soft solder, and here it is! 
You can find this project on my YouTube channel, so be sure to check it out.




There were lots of folks in the tin jewelry group who were asking about soldering and if you could solder on tin and how to go about soldering their tin pieces and where to begin, so this is a good, solid way to get started. In the video I also talk about safety and soldering with tin, so if you are a tin jewelry maker, you don't want to miss that. I also list all of the tools and materials I use in the description below the video so you know what you need to get started.


For my soldering friends, you may not have worked with vintage tins before so this may be something new and fun to try (don't you just love new, fun things to try?!) but be sure to watch the whole video and as I always say, know the best safety practices for the materials and tools you will be working with before you start, so be sure to have a nice thick pair of gloves to wear when you are working with tin - those edges are sharp!


Be sure to stop by and check it out. Have a great weekend! 


Head on over to my YouTube channel and check it out


See all of my jewelry making videos here 


Join me on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/laurabethlove



Pin this post!


You might also like:










Article copyright ©Laura Beth Love 2022 and may not be republished in print or other media without express written permission from the author. For any link updates or corrections leave correct info in comment area