Saturday, November 28, 2020

Kintsugi Art Jewelry from Laura Beth Love


What is Kintsugi?

Kintsugi, or "golden joinery" is the ancient Japanese art of repairing broken pottery by mending the areas of breakage with a lacquer mixed or dusted with gold powder. 

The philosophy of Kintsugi says that the pottery's breakage and repair are seen as a part of the history of the object, rather than something to disguise. 


This is the entire philosophy that I have built Dishfunctional Designs around, so I am very excited to offer some Kintsugi pieces as part of my line of broken china jewelry. 


You can find these pieces and many more in my shop!
















See more details in my Etsy shop!


Article copyright Laura Beth Love 2021 and may not be republished in print or other media without express written permission from the author. For any link updates or corrections leave correct info in comment area.