Wednesday, February 27, 2013

In My Workshop

I like to keep a bowl of tumbled and polished stones in my workshop. 
Rather than keeping them stored away, it's great to have them right on
my workbench where I can see them. Sometimes their colors or shapes 
will inspire a new project. Because I'm a visual person and am often
inspired by what I see, I try to keep beautiful things around me, especially
when I'm designing and working. It's a great practice for keeping those 
creative juices flowing. 

Mind you I said beautiful, not expensive. Some of the things I find the most 
beautiful are rusty and old. As they say, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Your thoughts?

I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura

My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at


  1. My daughter has a thing for tumbled rocks too. And yes, I have to have everything where I can see it!!

  2. The pebbles are lovely. I have a thing about picking up bits of sea tumbled glass when I go to the beach, I've got several large glass jars full of it on display around the house

  3. There's just something about cool, smooth rocks... rolling them around in my hands just makes me smile.

  4. I think that is a lovely idea! I often keep pine cones and acorns lying around; I am inspired by the things that are created so seemingly effortless in nature. Then there are the colors of the seasons, oh my gosh! The leaves in the fall, and green grass in springtime. I drive my family a little nuts with my nature gathering. but I think that it is a harmless habit. Although, more than once, little worms have crawled out of my acorns!

    Thanks for the post, it was a nice reminder of simple pleasures!