Thursday, September 6, 2012

On My Workbench: Dinner Knife Handle Bell Pendant Necklaces


A peek into my workshop...
Dinner butter knife handle bell pendant necklaces

What better way to upcycle family heirloom? 
These are all made from vintage & antique dinner knives.

Take a look and see how I transform antique & vintage 



Creating bell necklaces from antique dinner knives.



The sound is a delicate chime.




No two that I create are exactly alike. Each is unique!



I accent each with different beads, either a gemstone, pearl or crystal. 
(left to right: faceted amethyst, pearl, crystal, pearl, garnet, crystal)



all designs copyright © Laura Beth Love 1989 - 2013









What do you think?



Pin this post!






I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns







28 comments:

  1. Nice idea, I like that you use the fork tines for the clapper. Thanks for sharing!
    Lori In Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do I think? I think you are some sort of genius! That's what I think.

    Jenny Fillius

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are AMAZING! I love this. Wow. Just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous, great idea to use the forks that way :)
    Daisie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, new follower here. Your work is amazing, so inventive and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE them! They are each so different and fun, hard to pick a favorite!

    Found you through Etsy Blog Team, following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are just beautiful!!What a great creative mind to look at old forks and think, "Hmmm, I am going to make a necklace out of this!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. It's the same with the old china. Even if it's broken, it's just too beautiful not to keep and make something out of!

      Delete
  8. Wow, what a fantastic way to use old knives and forks :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What unique artwork! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, glad you enjoyed the post :)

      Delete
  10. This is one of the most creative things I've seen in a long time. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Love this. All the knives I have picked up have solid handles? Have you ever run across this? How can you tell the hollow ones from the solid ones? Thanks, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to tell you these are gorgeous. I was dared to make one of these and have had trouble doing it, so it will be a one of a kind for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who knew dinner knives were hollow? They are really adorable & after reading an earlier comment, found out you use fork tines for the clapper. Kudos to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic!! I'm a reuse / upcycle artist myself, and my thought was YES, here's someone who really gets the idea of putting the beauty that's already in the world back in front of people. Please keep being awesome.

    ReplyDelete