Saturday, July 1, 2023

An Old Fashioned 4th Of July Front Porch


It's June 1st already! Summer is just flying by and it's almost Independence Day aka the 4th of July holiday - here's hoping for clear skies and beautiful weather...at least I will keep my fingers crossed! 


Just think, 100 years ago they were celebrating the 4th of July in 1923! I love looking at antique photos of holidays past and along with that I have a thing for vintage style holiday decorations.


Whether it's antique Christmas tree decorations, wreaths, and Christmas trees, or vintage Halloween die-cut decorations, I love them all.


And right along with that I love old fashioned 4th of July decorations! Especially the traditional old fashioned flag buntings.




They have an old fashioned, small-town charm just like these old front porches, decorated for the 4th of July - even if it's just with red and white flowers :) 






You don't need a swing bed like this one (wouldn't it be nice though?!) - just a few throw pillows will do.


Red geraniums are one of my favorite summer flowers - and how convenient they come in white too!




I hope you have a great holiday!
Laura

Pin this post!












Have a great week!
Laura

Article and images copyright ©Laura Beth Love 2023 and may not be republished in print or other media without express written permission from the author.