Tuesday, November 29, 2022

I Went To An Aldi Grand Opening At The Crack Of Dawn!


I went to an Aldi grand opening at the crack of dawn! My girls and I love Aldi and I was so excited to hear there was a new one opening up near me...and by the way I am in no way affiliated with Aldi aside from being a customer...this is not a paid post or anything like that, but if you are an Aldi fan then you already know they have a cult-like following of loyal fans. (Check out the Aldi Reddit to see what I mean!) So I thought I would just share the experience because #1 it was a lot of fun, and #2 to document that I actually can get up early in the morning if the right motivation is there!

About a month or so after finding out about the new store there was a small announcement of a Grand Opening celebration in our small, local new outlet. If it would have been a widespread announcement I probably would not have gone, since I'm not a big fan of giant crowds and waiting outside in the cold for long periods of time. 

But I figured that not many people would have heard about the grand opening so that put the odds in my favor! My daughter and I arrived around 7am on a cold November morning to find ten to fifteen people milling around the new Aldi's front doors. 



We got in line and soon an Aldi rep came by and handed us each a plastic card with a number on it - my daughter was #15 and I was #16...they were giving out gift cards and goodies to the first 100 people so we lucked out!


We waited outside for about an hour and half while others came and lined up as well, and by the time they had the ribbon cutting ceremony there were probably about 150 or so people there. 

Once they cut the ribbon they opened the doors and welcomed us inside, and our numbered cards were collected and every person who had a numbered card (there were 100) got a big Aldi grocery bag filled with Aldi favorites that they had chosen for us...and each bag also contained an envelope with a gift card - I had heard they were from $10 to $100 - ours were each for $10.




The store was beautiful and completely stocked as you would figure it would be for a grand opening. We bought our Thanksgiving turkey (Perdue Premium at a special $1.07 a pound!) and a few other groceries and headed on our way. 

My daughter noticed the coveted quarter holders on a table on your way out the door - yes, I finally got one!



Once we got home we unloaded the Aldi bags of goodies that they had gifted us and you can see above the fun selection of items above, which they called Aldi favorites. It was nice to get to try some new things that we would not have usually purchased. They also gave us some coupons good for the next few weeks to be used only at the new store. Aldi doesn't accept coupons since their prices are already so low, so this was a nice bonus. 

One last thing, I am aware that you folks are unable to comment below on my blog posts! I don't know what happened to cause this and I hope to one day figure it out, but in the meantime, I will always share my blog posts to my Facebook page so feel free to comment there! 
Have a great week! 
Laura








Have a great week!
Laura

Article copyright ©Laura Beth Love 2022 and may not be republished in print or other media without express written permission from the author. For any link updates or corrections leave correct info in comment area