Saturday, March 2, 2019

My Amazing Thrift Shop Haul Video & Secret I Learned From The Cashier




Most people know that thrift shopping can be hit or miss. There have been many times I've left my favorite thrift shop empty handed. But there are other days when I've found such an amazing bargain that it makes up for all those empty-handed days! 

I guess that's one of the things that makes thrift shop shopping so attractive and fun - it can be kind of a low budget treasure hunt where you never know what you might find. 

We all have our mental lists of things that we look for when thrift shopping, whether it be something in particular such as materials for a project we want to make, or clothing, or vintage and antique items to resell. 

I always look at the china and dinnerware, glance at the glassware, figurines and tchotchkes, and check and see if there are any craft supplies such as knitting needles, fat quarters or fabric remnants and lace and things like that that I can use for creating things. I will also take a look at the skirts or whatever else I customarily glance at just to see what they have. 

As I wrote in past blog posts about thrift shop shopping, there are good shops and not so good shops, shops that are mostly clothes, shops that are mostly nick-knacks, overpriced shops, smartly-prices shops, shops that run sale days, and overpopulated shops that just have too many shoppers.  The key is to find balance and to know what the general feel is for that particular shop. For me, each shop that I visit kind of has it's own pros and cons. Some days aren't great shopping days, while others are. 

This was one of the good days! Watch the video below where I share my treasures, as well as a cool tip I learned from the thrift shop cashier! 


Here are a few more looks at my haul. 
Guess how much everything cost?

I came home with an armload!



Vintage jewelry with sterling silver and gemstone beads





 These handmade glazed clay pottery beads from the 60's are amazing!





 Copper acorn motif bracelet - genuine Malachite beaded necklace above





Carnelian & sterling silver beads




You never know what you might find!



What do you think? 

What's the best deal you've ever gotten at a thrift store? 

Tell us below!




I hope you have a great week! 
Laura



My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns






Article & images copyright ©Laura Beth Love 2019 and may not be republished in print or other media without express written permission from the author