Sunday, June 12, 2016

Just Passing Through

I had a small surprise yesterday as I sat outside writing. I saw something moving towards me out of the corner of my eye - it was coming close, just a few feet away -  and right as it poked its head out from beneath the patio chair that was next to mine, I looked down and saw that it was a baby raccoon that had strolled onto my patio to say hello. He looked at me and he looked lost and thirsty, but before I could do anything and of course by the time I grabbed my phone to take a photo of him he was already on his way through my backyard to the neighbors, who soon saw him and made a big noisy fuss that included a white plastic laundry basket. I'm guessing they dropped him off at the wildlife sanctuary down the road. He didn't look sick, just lost and hungry, and I'm hoping they did right by him.



I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura




My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns



article and images ©Laura Beth Love 2016