Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Painting With Metallic Gold Alcohol Ink New Video Tutorial


 Not only are gilded accents completely hot right now in home décor and accessories, but adding a shimmering flash of gold (or silver if you prefer) to your artwork can really make it stand out above the rest and give it a lush, rich feel and look, as well as a flash of elegance.


In my last YouTube video I demonstrated how I create my alcohol ink paintings using beautiful colored alcohol inks and isopropyl alcohol on Yupo paper. If you haven't seen that video you can find it here


After playing around with alcohol inks and getting a feel for how they work and how to work with them, I was excited to take my alcohol ink paintings to the next step and try out metallic gold alcohol ink! 


I thought making a video of my experiment would be a great way to share my findings. The result was my new video tutorial for my YouTube channel, Painting With Metallic Gold Alcohol Ink. I loved the result and I think you will too!





The tools and materials are minimal but the results are amazing! So head on over to my channel and check it out.

Below is a list of the materials I used in the video tutorial.


SUPPLIES USED IN THIS VIDEO:

- Yupo translucent 100% polypropylene paper (you can use Yupo paper with alcohol inks, watercolors, and acrylic paints) For this project I used one half of a sheet of the 9x12" pad (with the light blue cover.) I simply cut the sheet in half with scissors. You can buy this at craft stores and art supply stores.

- Alcohol Inks - For this project I used Ranger alcohol inks in pink, turquoise blue, purple and metallic gold.

- Plastic disposable eyedropper available at craft stores or drug stores.

- Isopropyl alcohol 91% available at drugstores. Use the 91%. The lower percentage such as 70% does not work as well.

- Blue painters tape from a hardware store. You can also use masking tape.

- Aluminum foil (optional) from grocery store.

- Lazy Susan (optional) I purchased from a thrift store.

- Hairdryer

- Heat gun (optional) that I purchased at a craft store.

*Work in a well ventilated area. Using a fan in the room helps to circulate the air.

JOIN ME: On the web at www.laurabethlove.com On Insta @laurabethlove On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Dishfunction...
On Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctio...
My books & DVDs can be found at most major retailers and through my publisher at https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/au...

I hope you had fun and learned something new! New tutorials coming soon!

Don't miss out! Subscribe to my YouTube channel!


Pin this post!



Be sure to check out my first video on alcohol ink painting





You might also like:







Article copyright Laura Beth Love 2021 and may not be republished in print or other media without express written permission from the author. For any link updates or corrections leave correct info in comment area.