Greenhouses Made With Salvaged Windows


What better way to recycle old salvaged windows than to build them into a unique 
garden greenhouse or potting shed? Old windows, doors, and other salvaged lumber - along 
with a little bit of thought and planning, can be turned into something fantastic for very little 
cost. Not only are these building projects environmentally friendly, they're also unique; 
each is one of a kind. Check out what some creative folks have crafted using reclaimed old 
salvaged windows and doors, and maybe you'll be inspired to create your own.

Where can you find these salvaged building supplies?

~ Ask friends and neighbors for castoffs they might have lying around in their attics or garage. You might be surprised at what folks stow away!

~ Check out Habitat For Humanity's ReStore

~ Keep an eye on the curb! But remember, never take any old castoffs from construction sites without asking first.

~  Use caution with doors or windows that have old peeling paint. Most old paint contains lead. Avoid using these doors in areas where there are children or food. Pick up a lead test at your local hardware store to test for lead paint. Never remove lead paint, but paint over it instead. 








































What do you think?









22 comments:

  1. You have motivated me to build one in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all look beautiful and I want them for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the feature! I love ALL of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! I dream of having one someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Definitely on my "to-do someday" list!

      Delete
  5. These are wonderful photos and ideas!

    We have a small greenhouse that I had repaired when I moved in. It is attached to our house with a door that leads out from the basement. There is a heating vent into it, so it stays warm. This year, I brought in a cherry tomato plant as a test and just ate 5 cherry tomatoes yesterday! There are new green tomatoes and more blossoms forming!

    Loving your blog more and more since I discovered it and your jewelry is amazing!

    Fredda
    The Magnificent Magnet
    http://www.themagnificentmagnet.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so fortunate! Thanks so much for visiting and I'm glad you're enjoying the blog! Glad you like the jewelry too! :)

      Delete
  6. I love this blog!! This has given me a great idea for the ugly old dog kennel in my backyard. It would provide the perfect support to hang the windows from. It's the one item I haven't found any pictures of being repurposed for anything other than a chicken coop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and great ideas as long as they don't use glass in the roof part. (too dangerous)

    Your website is very "idea inspiring" and one of my favorites to visit! Thanks for all of it.

    PS: Your jewelry is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The house with the periwinkle paint over the door (and cut-out art flowers)... how *smart* that design is to have doors on both ends and a pathway through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the is great inspiration, I used a few of these when building mine
    soo fun
    heres a link

    http://www.ravenmoonmagic.com/2013/03/building-patchwork-greenhouse.html

    :)
    sheree

    ReplyDelete