Friday, September 25, 2015

Exciting Announcement: I Just Filmed Two New Jewelry Instruction Videos!


I love spreading good news. And boy, do I have some good news! 

Late last evening I returned home to Pennsylvania after flying out to Colorado to film
 two brand new jewelry instruction videos at the film studios at F+W Media, Inc., my 
fabulous publisher! It was a whirlwind three days! Yup, I flew about 3,166.4 miles to
 film two videos, just for you!  I traveled on a Monday, filmed two videos on Tuesday, and
 traveled home Wednesday. Four flights across the United States, four different airports, 
 three days later, and it's all done! 

Colorado is a beautiful place, and the landscape is quite different from what I am used 
to in Pennsylvania, so it was a new experience for me in many different ways. This was
 also my first time on camera...I wasn't very nervous, it was more like I didn't know exactly what to expect, exactly what it would be like. Kind of like when you're going to have a baby.
 You can read and prepare all you want, but until it actually happens, you don't know exactly
how it's going to be until you experience it for real, right as it's happening!
    

Live on the set!

I will write more about the videos in a future blog post, but I will tell you now that the first 
video teaches you how to make an awesome broken china jewelry necklace, and the second 
video teaches you my new technique for combining wire with soft solder to create a beautiful
 and amazing jewelry effect! If you love to make jewelry, or always wanted to learn how to 
make soldered jewelry using a soldering iron, you will love these videos! (the video release
 date is early December, by the way!) 


Lights, cameras, jewelry making!

Well it's past my bedtime and I need to get some much needed sleep so that I can get my two
girls up for school tomorrow, but I just had to share the good news with you. 

Enjoy your day! ~ Laura


I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns