Thursday, July 9, 2015

Beautiful Upcycled Painted & Decorated Windows

There are so many great ways to reuse old, salvaged windows around your home and
garden! One of my favorite ways to upcycle an old window is to add some decorative
painting to the window glass to create a unique and personalized piece of artwork! 
Not a painter? Don't fret! There are plenty of other crafty ways that you can decorate
an old window and give it a whole new look while creating your own amazing piece
of home decor (think wall art decals - see below!) Check out some of these awesome 
examples of upcycled painted and decorated windows and let me know what you think! 

...and below...

This window was simply placed in front of a wall decal! Great idea from Kate's Kreations!

What do you think?

I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura

My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at


  1. Wonderful ideas! I'm completely in love with the vintage window frames!

  2. The poppies done in the horizontal stole my heart!

  3. I love the rustic look of the window paired with a fresh, pretty painting. This summer my little cousin painted a huge flower scene on a window for my aunt. It turned out great!

  4. Laura, Thank you for doing all the work for me! I am looking for a solution to privacy with my kitchen windows and I decided to use that old fashioned vinyl runner which was made to mimic lace in the windows, but could think of how to mount it so that it could be removed one day. Annabelle Vita's post was perfect. Cornstarch! I enjoyed all of the windows and was blown away by some of them. I enjoyed visiting the other blogs, too. ~Ginene

  5. Your site is my favorite for finding inspiring ideas for a creative, recycled, unique home! Thank you so much for collecting so many fantastic ideas. Now, if I would stop looking and begin, my ADD kicks in when there is so, so much to choose from. Lovely Laura does it again.