Monday, April 20, 2015

The Upcycled Garden Volume 6: Using Recycled Salvaged Materials In Your Garden


It's that time of year again! It's finally spring! Yay!
That means it's time for some new upcycled garden ideas.
Check out my picks for the most creative, unique, and beautiful ways to wow your
outdoor landscape and crate some fun, artistic, and functional art by incorporating 
salvaged and repurposed materials into your yard and garden. Check it out!



A beautifully painted old door adds magical charm to a garden. What a fun project!




This clever piece of garden art was made from a pipe and faucet from a hardware store,
an old bucket and old chandelier crystal. via Each Little World




Upcycle cans into small planters. via planetblue





Use an old crate as a vertical planter.


Looks like somebody likes to ride around the garden. How about this little guy? 




Garden chandeliers with votives from Ruffled blog found via Pinterest
I see lots of vintage chandelier crystals at flea markets. Why not fashion your own mini
garden chandeliers with wire, chain, and a handful of old crystals? 




This old sink was repurposed into a garden planter. via myhomeideas.com




Use an old mailbox to store your garden tools




Painted and personalized pavers brighten up a garden. from Quirkycool





Mobile garden dress as found on foodtree.com,  by Nicole Dextras




Light fixtures upcycled into hanging garden lanterns by La Manufacture




What do you do with a giant old tree stump? Turn it into a planter, of course! 




Old fence gates used as garden trellises via thegardenglove




Or how about making a trellis with old garden tools




Freeland Tanner's garden art from finegardening.com




Recycle old chair backs into a log bench



Pin this post!


I hope you enjoyed this post.
Please leave me a comment below! 

Enjoy the rest of your week. 
Love, Laura




   



My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns




12 comments:

  1. You've given me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the splashes of color mixed in with the greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't the sweet alyssum make perfect soapsuds in the sink planter? I like the log bench also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I love decorating with repurposed and recycled items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! all these are so cool! I love recycled projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the upcycled cans as small planters idea. I think I've seen that on Pinterest.
    The recycled log bench is pretty amazing as well, but all of these finds are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutley lovelovelove thse ideas <3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects! I am crazy about that door!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the painted can planters and the tree stump planter idea! We actually have a spot where a tree was taken down a couple years ago and there's a little root/stump remaining. We thought about planting flowers there but weren't sure if they would grow. This makes me think they probably would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Laura, my name is Anne. I just found your blog through Pinterest. I love to thrift and upcycle, myself, so I love your blog! Trying to learn the ropes, so finding bogs like this is helpful. Have a great day!http://birdsongbitsandpieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have the "how-to" directions for the trellis made of three old yard tools?
    louiseadkins1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete