Saturday, January 26, 2013

New Jewelry Made From Broken China


I've been a busy bee and just last night finished up a brand new batch of 
jewelry made from broken antique china.  I handcraft each piece of jewelry 
from start to finish - each piece starts out as a broken or damaged plate that 
is then transformed into wearable art. The finished result is a beautiful keepsake 
piece of heirloom quality broken china jewelry. Each is a labor of love! 

Check them out! 




































































Want to see more? 
You can check out all the the items shows above as well as lots more of 
my broken china jewelry in my Etsy shop: Dishfunctional Designs


What do you think?


I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns




19 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know how beautiful the necklace was that I purchased from you. Your craftsmanship is impeccable and the service was above and beyond! These are perfect gifts...thinking Valentines maybe...or Mother's Day just around the corner, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you were pleased with them! Thanks for letting me know! :)

      Delete
  2. I have never seen anything like this! Absolutely beautiful. I am saving my money to buy one for my dear friend who loves brown transferware. Did I say beautiful??!! I cannot imagine the time and detail it takes to make each one. May the Lord bless you and the work of your hands!

    Blessings,
    Michelle
    www.reimaginedjustforyou.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, each piece is so unique and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Laura Beth! I have been cleaning my storage room and just tossed a box of china shards I was always going to "do something" with but never got around to. My projects tend to be more of the mosaic variety. Your necklaces are gorgeous!


    crud..having trouble proving I am not a robot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you like! Sorry about the robot thing - you would not believe the amount of spam comments I receive every day. I dislike having to have the "verify thing" on there because I know it makes it a pain, but unfortunately it's a must!

      Delete
  5. what fantastic work...... simply beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnifiques, joli travail!
    Belle journée

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so very pretty.
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Your work is so beautiful! Is there any chance you could use one of my grandmother's china pieces? I'd love a necklace from it and you could keep the rest of the china for your uses. Let me know if this is a possibility

    ReplyDelete