Upcycled & Repurposed Vintage Console TV's


If you love the Retro look then I've got just the thing for you:
Upcycled vintage console televisions! 
Yes, I'm talking about those gargantuan televisions of yesteryear that were 
more like pieces of furniture than the ultra light portable TVs we know and
love today. Check out what some folks created with old TVs, a few tools, 
some creative thought and a little ingenuity.
I'm sure you'll find these entertaining, to say the least!










The repurposed TV cabinet is a riot.




Whisky Ginger Home Bar





































021209fishtv.jpg



A few other versions...
021209-view-fish-tank.jpg





Pinned Image












Large Upcycled Pet Bed House from Vintage TV SHOP CLOSING  Tremendous Markdown on remaining items



















What do you think?







21 comments:

  1. I love the swanky bar one! My dad turned his wooden 60's console one into a bookshelf cabinet complete with doors! The one in the store window is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dad's project sounds awesome! I love hearing how people do these types of things :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome ideas. I hate seeing all those TVs trashed. Love the black TV console bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that photo is something that most people don't see or realize.

      Delete
  3. The fish tanks are so cool :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool ideas!
    Love the retro lamps and the pet beds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the lamps were neat too. You could put any kind of photo in front of them, would be neat.

      Delete
  5. So many things you can do with an old TV, really fun ideas here! I love the fish tanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BRILLIANT!!!!!!! I was shocked that charity groups do not take old tvs anymore. I love the fish tanks AND the pet beds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post. I wonder why they will no longer take old tv's?

      Delete
  7. I definitely love the older TV's that were turned into fish tanks. The first that I ever saw being turned into fish tanks were the first iMacs, that was cool but older TV's are the best, good post!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the wonderful ideas. I love the pet one, we have an old console TV and the cabinet is too pretty to throw away. We have a little yorkie, I think she will be having a new bed made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh a fun fun post(:) sawyour tv on pinterest(:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the use of old TV's as dog beds and cat beds. very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My grandfather turned his old tv console into a mediation center. He lined the tv compartment with flowered wallpaper, put in a nice gold Buddha (that he decorated with some of my grandmother's jewelry), added incense and plastic flowers and two blue Fu dog/lions. This was in 1969 - he was eccentric to say the least. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. how about putting a newer (ugly black box tv) inside the nice wood tv consol cabinet....?

    ReplyDelete
  13. "how about putting a newer (ugly black box tv) inside the nice wood tv consol cabinet....?"

    This is what I would love to do! As I mostly watch classic TV shows, truncating the 16x9 viewing area to 4x3 won't matter.

    ReplyDelete