Things You Can Make With Old Christmas Tree Ornaments


Don't throw away those old, paint-chipped Christmas tree ornaments!

Instead, why not think about displaying them in a different way, or upcycling
them into something new like one of the pretty displays shown below? 



Create a garland with ribbon and ornaments



Festive door ornament





Christmas ornament topiary via BHG




Use large ornaments as vases via BHG




Attach ornaments onto an old window screen from So Into Vintage




Glue old ornaments to a mirror frame via robomargo




Display in a tray with vintage mercury glass by Amanda Carol




Create a garland of ornaments like this one from Family Circle




Use old ornaments to fill a vase via BHG



Ornament tree by My Vintage Soul



Create a pretty Christmas window display





Create a shadow box of vintage heirloom ornaments via Country Living




Hang ornaments from fresh greenery via BHG




Create a Christmas tree ornament mobile (above and below) from Not Martha







Shadow box of Christmas tree ornaments by 52 Mantels







Pin this post!   

What do you think?




Check out my new book!





23 comments:

  1. i am Soooo glad i peeked. Wonderful ideas to make with old (or not so old) ornaments.
    Thank YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool! I love old ornaments. I keep some on my chandelier year round! I packed and shipped 15 dozen today..I'm wrapped out! I love the shabby old ones best. One word of caution about the "vase" one, if you add water to the inside of an old one, all the silvering will wash out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these ideas, hadn't really thought of reusing old bulbs! this is great because i do have some vintage ones that i haven't broken out yet either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I like the idea of using the old bulbs too! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, glad you liked the post!

      Delete
  5. These are great ideas! I see tons of old ornaments at thrift stores all the time, and these would be an excellent way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten into the habit of always hitting the holiday section at thrift shops and rummage sales - always bags of old ornaments - I find them off season and stash them away for holiday crafts.

      Delete
  6. Oh love! I remember some old ornaments when i was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Holidays! Just wanted to let you know that 4th photo on this post is from my blog, Into Vintage. I would love it if you would amend your post to include a link to my blog post where my photo originated (and eliminate the indulgy link). Thanks so much!
    :-) -amy

    http://sointovintage.blogspot.com/2010/12/its-just-like-christmas-tree-but.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are gorgeous! never thought of this, but sure am going to do it now. GREAT IDEA and BEAUTIFUL too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post, thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. Merry Christmas to you & your's!
    Great ideas you shared with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely ideas! I used a similr idea to the doorknob decoration - just hung it on a light fixture. Even have a pic of it on my Christmas post! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas. I have some of my grandmother's.
    I was wondering what to do with them. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I immediately thought of a Christmas themed wedding looking at most of these ideas! Super cute, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete