Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Intimate Stairs: Painted, Stenciled & Wallpapered



I love sharing DIY inspiration, and these stairways are exactly that: inspiring! 
What better way to intimately personalize your home than by imprinting 
your most personal style directly onto the heart of your home: your stairs.

Afraid to commit to the permanency of paint?
Try vinyl decals, which are repositionable and removable.
Check it out!


Red painted stairs with Doors lyrics















Linoleum stairs by Cape Race Cultural Adventures






Stairs painted to look like books



























Stars & stripes stairs by That's My Letter




Wallpapered stairs





White painted via Domino Magazine




Dreams don't work unless you do



"Lost is all the time that you don't spend in love"
Image by Paolo Iusco





What do you think?
How would you personalize your stairs?



I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns



11 comments:

  1. I believe your blog contains just about everything creatively rerouted to another useful life instead of a dump or a dark closet. You are so talented, and your photography is one of the reasons I check out EVERY one of your entries.Beautifully executed and perfect! Thanks for so many ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific! I love the Doors stairs, and then the painted ones above the books, and the books stairs, and... and... everything! A BIG thank you, this was lovely! Will share on FB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like. I love the Doors stairs too :)

      Delete
  3. Those piano and ruler/yardstick stairs are AMAZING!!! Love them. Great finds!
    -Stina
    www.honeywild.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are cool, aren't they? Great idea!

      Delete
  4. Love! I need to rip the carpet off mine and do something different. The piano ones were so simple but amazing. Loved the Doors ones but I'd be singing the song every time I went up them! Love a lot of the others too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Doors ones are my favorite of the bunch!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing these amazing ideas.

    ReplyDelete