Decorating With Bird Nests & Birdcages



Nesting? Or Caged?

Whichever you prefer, birds add a touch of delicacy to decor. 


The nest signifies home, a comfortable place, family, and rest. 
The cage can signify confinement or restraint, unless...if a door were 
to accidentally be left open...















Beaded nest chandelier by Tracey Barnes









Bird nest chandelier via Glitter and Pearls




























Porch with hanging birdcages and lanterns via The Inside Story









Chandeliers in birdcages




Pin this post!




What do you think? 


12 comments:

  1. i love birdcages. they're beautiful! i like the idea of having one inside as decor... maybe even a place to store books or something, but that painted one for the garden is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!! My booth is in a store called the Feathered Nest Market and we do LOTS of things with birds and nests and cages, but you have given me some wonderful ideas. THANK you for your "gathering" skills. I love your "eye"!!!! ;) mary/wb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Mary, glad you liked the post!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE birds and birdcages...been collecting. I absolutely love your finds here...what I want to know is about the quote...you have a link that says "via" but it comes up to an IPhone app ad. I would LOVE to have that on my blog sidebar if it isn't copyrighted or even add a link to where it came from. Can you tell me more?? Please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Robin and my husband's name is Martin, so, of course, we love and collect bird ephemera. Thanks for these lovely photos. My brain is overflowing with fresh inspiration. Time to re-feather the nest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post and found some inspiration here! :)

      Delete
  5. Those sure are some lovely bird cages found on this post. Thanks for putting up all those pics!
    -Jon

    ReplyDelete