Tie One On! Upcycled and Repurposed Neckties



As all clothes do, neckties go in and out of style over time, so they are often donated to goodwill shops or given away to friends or family who might find a use for them. Other times, we may find ourselves the inheritor of ties when a loved one passes on. 

What do you do with those ties? Why not upcycle them into something brand new or create a unique memory craft in honor of a loved one? Check out this collection of ties that have been upcycled into unique, new items. 



Obi style belt made from recycled men's ties by Senseless Art





































Woven recycled ties chair by Peter Raphael Russo






Lampshade made from recycled neckties by Nancy Gamon
You can visit Nancy's Etsy shop here



















Fabulous woven tie memory quilt by Rayela Art



Detail of tie weaving by Rayela Art
Read the full story on this wonderful piece here








Sweet apron made from recycled neckties and fabric by Michelle Claire Textiles


















A final note...







Pin this post!:

                                                                               Pin It


Which is your favorite?




22 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a wonderful assortment of items to make with ties. Each time I thought one was my favorite, the next one would top it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a bit of an obsession with neckties over the past year, and love some of your pinned ideas here, how cool are the decoupaged mirrors! 'mazing, wouldn't have thought of that ! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaw-dropping: the mirror frames. Witty: tie-dyed eggs. Unique twist: beaded necktie necklaces. Doable for my level: Headbands.

    Will share on my personal FB page. Great curation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! I have done a chairseat before. I have a dozen or so vintage ties (ok..more than a dozen!) waiting for me to do something with them...that memory quilt is amazing..so much work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see the chair seat you made!

      Delete
  5. Wow! What a collection! I never would have thought of all of these, but I'm totally going to pin a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a fun collection of projects to look through. I have tried the purse and the egg dyeing projects but I haven't seen a lot of the others. Thanks for sharing. Also I added a link from my blog to yours hope that is ok. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Pinned the neck tie tee shirt today and 78 people repinned and 25 people "liked" it!

    Ps
    I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog! I especially love the tie chairs. Makes me want to look for ties at local second hand stores and garage sales!
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it makes me look at ties in a whole new way now. :)

      Delete
  9. This round up is FAB! Some very cool and unique ideas! I popped it up on my FB to share ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice collection of tie crafts! The steampunk skirt is unexpectedly cut.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I think that I might try the covered beads for my mom-in-law and the hand bands for my dd. She likes super-accessorizing her school uniform. http://thinkupondeesthings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had not gotten rid of so many old ties from my dad, I kept them for quite a few years,after he passed away. This was over 20 years ago, I wish I could have seen some of these ideas then, it would have been a great way to make a memorable keepsake. Thanks for sharing these creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I want directions for that vest, it says the site is suspended any ideas? Email bdtliv@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also make crazy fun stuff using neck ties.....these are great and I cant wait to try some of these designs.

    ReplyDelete