Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Global Recycling: Old Globes Upcycled



What other great way to add a touch of international flair or schoolroom nostalgia to your home or office space than with an upcycled globe? In their original form, globes offer unique artwork, color, and  pattern. Over the years, when country and name places change,  globes are then updated and older versions are discarded

Whether partially preserved or completely refinished with a new look, these old globes certainly deserve a second chance. Check out these revamped versions and I'll bet you'll agree that they are out of this world!  



How to make a globe pendant light from Apartment Therapy


Vintage black globe table lamp via etsy















decoupaged globe by wendygold via etsy

You might also like:

          






Pin this post!:




Help save the world!
(or at least an old globe)

What do you think? 


I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase 
at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns



11 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love old globes and have several as a collection on top of a wardrobe in my son's room. It would hurt me to disassemble one of those, but you do see damaged ones every now and again. Great images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I see dented ones at thrift shops.

      Delete
  2. these are so awesome!! we're linking up to you tomorrow because i'm obsessed with globes and maps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your site! I so love these ideas. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SO cool. I have 4 globe loving sons. We'll have to make some of these for their bedroom, the living room, ANYWHERE! I love globes too! : ) Thanks for putting this together.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Globes are great for decorating! Glad you liked the post!

      Delete
  5. These are wonderful.I have a couple globes I bought to upcycle !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the inspiration! I just redid a globe recently thanks to some of these ideas and I love the way it turned out. It had some minor holes in it and buttons did a great job covering them :) can't wait to find a few more to redo!

    ReplyDelete