Bright Ideas for Upcycling Lightbulbs



I love it when someone finds an artistic and creative new use for something that most folks would consider trash, such as a used, burned out incandescent light bulb.  Believe it or not, once you remove the metal part, the glass bulb actually becomes stronger because you have removed the vacuum pressure.

Check out these bright ideas and maybe you too will have 
a light bulb moment! 


Pretty hanging light bulb vases DIY




Lightbulb terrariums by Elna and Ei











Pretty hanging light bulb vases DIY






Light bulb oil lamps DIY instructions










Beautiful hot air balloons made from light bulbs and have intricate copper wire patterns 







Inspired? 

(*You must wear safety gloves as well as safety glasses when attempting any of these projects!)


What's your favorite?


Pin this post!:


Pin It












10 comments:

  1. These are absolutely fabulous! I would try some these out had I not switched all of my bulbs to the energy efficient CFLs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I love the hot air balloon - reminds me of the one time I rode in one!!
    found you via EBT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Loving the second terrarium and the hot air balloon idea there! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome DIY post! Who know there were so many great uses for old light bulbs? I especially like the terrariums.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great ideas! I love the Hot Air Balloon the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I love all of the tiny terrariums, but the hot ballon is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very impressed with all of the pieces, but my favorite is the hot air balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so great! You have inspired us to do a post on repurposing! Thank you for the great inspiration.
    xox Liz and Lo
    {celesteandpearl.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  9. how do you open the globe to put in something

    ReplyDelete