Thursday, October 11, 2012

Make A Paper Lantern Of Your House

I love this idea from Hutch Studio:

A lantern of your house...

I think this is such a wonderful idea! 

The wheels are turning in my brain right now... 
I think these would make great gifts for my siblings 
using a photo of our family home.

Paper Lantern Houses

Here's what they look like unlit

Here's what they look like lit

You can visit Hutch Studio here to read their original post with DIY tutorial instructions.
Thanks for the great idea Hutch Studio!

What do you think?

I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura

My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at


  1. Like this idea.
    Years ago, I would make a felt replica of the houses of my friends to hang on their Christmas tree. I would embroider the details and record the year on the back. I like to think that these ornaments survived, even when people moved, as a record of a first house, etc.

  2. Love it! I've tried this with images I found in old books of castles.