Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Paint It Black: Stylish Black Painted Furniture


There's something about black painted furniture that I just love! Check out these examples and maybe you'll see what I mean...



brown dining room table set




Black accent chest




RESERVED LISTING for Charity: gerda- painted chest with wallpaper insets
By Knackstudio via Etsy (and below)

RESERVED LISTING for Charity: gerda- painted chest with wallpaper insets
Wallpaper decoupage on the outside of the drawers....

RESERVED LISTING for Charity: gerda- painted chest with wallpaper insets
...and also wallpaper on the inside the drawers



Satin black Bombay chest dresser




Detail of a painted dresser





Indigo Creek Black Round Pedestal Dining Room Table Set
What do you think? 
I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns



13 comments:

  1. I love your post and it is truly inspiring. I love painting furniture black! Thank you for sharing!

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed at the dining room. I never thought I would like the black but I do with the wood. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring my London Dresser and I don't mean to include myself but Wow! what a great group of inspiring images. I'm new to your blog but I think I will be hanging around for a while.
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get a lot of traffic from the post! :)

      Delete
  4. Black is so elegant and goes with many different styles. Great choices it really shows how you shouldn't be afraid of black in your home... it does not make you look like a vampire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A touch of black is wonderful and can add a bit of casual drama. I have black kitchen chairs with stained wood seats. When I had a french style antique table refinished recently, the top & legs were stained to match the chair seats and just the table skirt was painted black. Love all of your "collection" posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love these designs! It gave me a few wonderful ideas of how to decorate my son's room and mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully crisp and always interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great ideas, but when you find old furniture to redo by painting it, howdo you know you are not ruining a very valuable piece of furniture woth thousand if it were refinished as original?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you suspect it might be valuable, then consult an expert first!

      Delete
  9. I love your black chest of drawers on Pinterest and was wondering what paint product and technique you used for the piece.

    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/194288171396513156/

    I would really appreciate knowing how you achieved this look. I have a similar piece of furniture and would love to use the same technique that you so beautifully employed!

    All the best,

    Kathleen Sneckenberg
    KSneckenberg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete