Monday, December 14, 2015

Create Your Own Magazine With Flipboard!


I'll be the first to admit, I'm an infoholic. I love reading, I love research, and I love that we are so fortunate to have the internet as a tool that offers us the ability to access information on any topic we can imagine - literally at our fingertips. 

But for anyone who has ever looked up information on a specific topic on the internet, you will find that there are often too many search results that are not what you were looking for, or information that is inaccurate, and sometimes even articles that are poorly written. When I want to read about something, I want well written, factual content that comes from a reputable source. Cue: Flipboard
You can do so much with Flipboard! 
What's it all about? The attraction of Flipboard is two-fold. First, it's an awesome tool that is all about finding and collecting content that you love. You can "follow" just about any topic you are passionate about, and Flipboard presents that content to you in a beautiful, organized, and easy-to-read Flipboard magazine. You can use Flipboard on your desktop or on your mobile device with the Flipboard app, so you can take that content with you wherever you go, and read it whenever you like. Flipboard is the one place for all your interests!
 Here are a few of the topics I am following: 
Once you start choosing some topics of interest to follow on Flipboard, it will offer you suggestions of related topics that you might be interested in. There are more than 25 million Flipboard Magazines on just about any topic you can imagine!
Here are two screen shots of some of the topics I am following:



This is what my main page "feed" looks like when I open it up on my phone:
Additionally (and this is the really cool part!) Flipboard gives you the ability to share your own content from your blog or website as well, giving your content an entirely new audience. Not only that, but everything is easily organized in an attractive Flipboard Magazine  that can then be shared socially with friends and followers. "Flip", discover, share, and collect the stories you care about. Check it out !
 Here is a screenshot of my Flipboard with five Flipboard Magazines I created using my own content from my blog:
The magazines I created are: Upcycled Home Decor, Bohemian Home Decorating, Craft Tutorials, Jewelry Making Tutorials, and My Favorite Eats. Here's a closer look at each of my magazine "covers":


That's another one of the things I love about Flipboard - it's beautiful! Flipboard Magazines are stylish and attractive. When you create a Flipboard Magazine, you are creating a visually stunning package of content. So not only does Flipboard give you one place to collect and share articles, blog posts and information, it allows you to add and share your own perspective on whatever it is that you are passionate about and then share it all - all in one beautiful package. Imagine sharing the things that inspire you with friends, followers, and customers. What an amazing resource! Here is a closer look at my "Craft Tutorials" Flipboard magazine:

Craft Tutorials magazine cover
Title page for article "How To Create Awesome Tie Dye T-Shirts"
 
Two example pages from article "How To Create Awesome Tie Dye T-Shirts"

View my Flipboard Magazine.

Looking for a memorable present for your loved ones this holiday season? Give them Gift of Flipboard
Choose from a range of 21 special pre-configured packages that cover a wide range of topics. From travelers to tech enthusiast, Flipboard is sure to have something for everyone!
Your Flipboard recipient can fill their feed with more of what you love by clicking the “Get More” button at the bottom of the app. Find out more information about the Gift of Flipboard here

Here is one that I will be gifting this year!