My 5 favorite things for today...
1. Vanilla Chai decaf tea from Stash Tea in THIS mug. Add one tablespoon of honey and a splash of lowfat milk and I'm a happy girl. I love the mug. I found it at Kohl's.
2. Sara when she lays around like this and watches me. Oh Sara, you look so bored!
3. My fireplace mantle in my music/family room. This is a collection of a few of my favorite things; the ceramic reindeer bust, my thrift store Buddha collection, the tall candle jar that was a gift from my late brother, and the twig and branch peace sign wreath that I made a few years ago. I love the way it looks with the white lights. Want to make your own? Check out the tutorial here!
4. This quote: "Don't ruin a good today because of a bad yesterday" reminds us that each new day is separate from the previous one, and that we should not carry the previous day's troubles into the next day but instead try to leave them in the past. I've been going through a hard time lately, and so I am holding on with both hands to any advice like this.
5. This photo of leaves in our front yard that my daughter Erica took on her way to school one morning. The colors are perfect.
What do you think?
Enjoy your day!