Shopping Target Cartwheel Style


Disclosure: This is a Target sponsored post. I have personally tested the product myself and all opinions on the product are my own honest opinions. I have been compensated for my time to review this product. I am not employed by Target.

I love shopping at Target, and I'm fortunate to have one just a few miles down the road from where I live, so when I had the opportunity to try out the new Target Cartwheel shopping app I was excited to find out what it was all about!
I know the inside of  my Target like the back of my hand! Where do I go once inside? Well no matter what the purpose of my trip, there are a few departments that I always check out. I call it my Target B-Line! Check it out!
 
Some of my favorite departments to visit at Target are:
1. The lamp section in home decor – Target always seems to have a nice selection of stylish table lamps. Target has artsy and a nice mix of modern and new vintage style lamps. I always seem to find one that is just my style.  I like that the shades and bases are marked small, medium, or large, and that you can mix and match different shades to different bases. I also recently bought some pretty white paper star lights on a string that I just love.
 
2. Frozen food - The Archer Farms Cook-in-a-bag homestyle seasoned whole turkey breast that comes frozen and bakes in a bag is to die for, and my kids constantly ask me to make that for dinner (I keep a few in my basement chest freezer!) There’s nothing like putting a frozen solid 3.5 pound turkey breast in the oven and within about four hours you have Thanksgiving in January!
 
3. Beauty section – I’m not a makeup junky by any means, but I always like to pick something up for myself that's just for me. We busy moms spend most all of our time taking care of our children, and often during the process, we forget to occasionally treat ourselves. My treat? Sometimes I'll pick out a new product to try, or I may buy a trendy new nail polish color, just for fun.
 
What does the Target Cartwheel app do? 
It's like your own secret treasure trove of savings! Cartwheel is an app that you use on your iPhone, Droid, mobile web, table, or desktop that has secret savings and coupons that can only be found and used with the Cartwheel app. Cartwheel has over 700 offers (coupons) that you use on in-store purchases. (Note that Cartwheel offers are only used when shopping in the store and not available for online purchases.) Each guest starts with 10 "spots" for Cartwheel discount offers on your list.
 
How do you use Cartwheel? 
After you sign into the app with either your email or Facebook login on your iPhone or Droid, all you do is scan any barcode on any item at Target and the app will show you if there is a Cartwheel offer for that item. You can also browse within the app before you leave home to see what Cartwheel savings are being offered by browsing each department right within the app.
(Facebook option: If you use your Facebook to sign in to the app, there is an option where you can see what Target Cartwheel offers your Facebook friends are using and vice versa. Of course, there is also the option to keep your Cartwheel list private so that only you can see it. No need to connect the app to Facebook if you do not want to, but it can be a nice way of sharing current Cartwheel discounts with friends.)
 
One of the best benefits of using Cartwheel is that all the Cartwheel offers that you receive can be used with any other Target discounts, coupons, any manufacturers' coupons, as well as your REDcard discount! Cartwheel offers are also multi-use. That means that you can use any offer on your Cartwheel list as many times as you wish until the offer expires, with the following exceptions: limit of 4 items per offer, per transaction; limit of 6 Cartwheel scans per day. For example, if there was an offer for 10 percent off 20 ounce bottles of Coke, a guest could purchase 4 bottles of Coke in one transaction and the offer discount would be applied to all bottles of Coke. You could do this up to 6 times in one day, for a total of 24 bottles of Coke. That's great savings!
Another thing that's interesting about the Target Cartwheel app is that each barcode generated by Cartwheel is unique to you and holds all of the offers on your Cartwheel list. All you need to do is simply scan the barcode one time at the point of purchase (after scanning any other discounts or coupons) and all the discounts on your list will be applied. How easy is that? If you shop at Target, you need to check Cartwheel out!

Target gift card giveaway! BlogHer is giving away a $1,000 Target GiftCard® to one lucky person (read sweepstakes rules below). To enter, just tell me: What is your favorite offer in Cartwheel?


Sweepstakes Rules:
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
  1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
  2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
  3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
  4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/30 - 2/28.
Be sure to visit the Target Cartwheel brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!

75 comments:

  1. I've downloaded the app, but haven't tried it yet. Thanks for walking me through how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Target for the Home Decor section. Everything, bath, linens, decor, lamps, rugs, and.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. I recently received a Target RedCard and I adore the items in the store. My only downside being I live in a small area and it takes 20 minutes to drive to the Super Wal-Mart and the closest Target is in the next county. The drive isn't that long but it's in Montgomery County, Virginia - Home of the VA. Tech Hokies, so the traffic is horrible. What could be a 40 minute drive can take much longer. I done most of my Christmas shopping there and although I wasn't familiar with where items were located, I truly enjoyed the items and the store. This is an interesting app. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://twitter.com/donettasifford/status/430711897826930688
    My Twitter Entry. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's got to be the 20% off Fieldcrest Bedding...because I'm in the market for new bedding and wouldn't have known about cartwheel & this discount if not for your blog post. I love Target's discount programs...red card is great...and oh, I'm going to be trying the Turkey Breast in a Bag pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my eye on the Fieldcrest 20% off offer right now. Also thanks for mentioning that you can scan any barcode in the store to see if there is a Cartwheel offer. I did not know that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the Target logo when I opened my blog app and said, "oh this is going to be good!" I'm not a typical shopper. Preferring thrift stores and online, but Target is my happy place! Always a treat to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the d-signed girls' dress discount offer

    ReplyDelete
  9. tweet-https://twitter.com/LuLu_Brown24/status/430751090087174144

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! M&M candies!

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. https://twitter.com/channynn/status/430804504489914368

    tweeted!

    shannoncarman at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who doesn't need and love kitchen gadgets and at 30% off, It's a real bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like being able to browse what is on special in those departments within Target I plan to shop. Makes my shopping plan of attack much more efficient!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,
    Shop at Target at least once a week sometimes more. So excited, especially that I can get my favorite threshold sheets on sale. Thanks for the heads-up.
    Melody Christensen
    Melchristensen2@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just tweeted about the new app.
    https://twitter.com/Nephthys1

    ReplyDelete
  16. 30% off kitchen gadgets! I can replace the peeler and can opener that have suddenly gone missing. I mean, honestly, how to you lose a can opener?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the 20% off bedding.

    hewella1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the clothing offers on Cartwheel. Would love to see more toy offers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the 5% off toaster strudel.
    austma7@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the 20% off on bedding! I'm thinking about changing the theme (Old Hollywood to Coastal) and color scheme for my bedroom.

    Lesha@tothemotherhood.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for explaining the different functions of the app, informative.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am not sure if a previous comment posted since I don't think I posted anything but I saw something that said "please wait until your comment appears on the site". I don't have the app yet; I'm not a smart phone. My hubby is. I told him about it. I would do clothes, groceries, housewares, and essentials. tamarsweeps-at-gmail-dot-com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like you can stack coupons I like the 20% off Fieldcrest bedding and bath

    ReplyDelete
  24. 20% of bedding and all the food items
    tvollowitz at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lauren-Olivia WoodFebruary 6, 2014 at 2:20 AM

    My favorite offer will be on kitchen items. olivia41393@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. My favorite offer is 40% off Giada line! That is a great price
    addictedtorodeo at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. My favorite offer is the 20% off Eggo Bites!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the %5 off Pepsi deal! I'm always looking for deals on soda so any way I can save on it is awesome :)
    anastasia2013@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Tweeted :) - https://twitter.com/Enter_Now/status/432056004537094144
    anastasia2013@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. 20% off Pringles Stix
    traymona[at]aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. The kitchen gadgets - I need a few!
    flgirl1987 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I could use the 20% off bedding discount!
    aleksnearing gmail com

    ReplyDelete
  33. my favorite offer is 40% off giada products
    stigay at comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like the offer for the Archer Farms frozen foods Rosanne rosans4@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. Tweeted: https://twitter.com/rosannepm/status/432630734616936448 Rosanne rosans4@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am going to look for an essie or nail polish deal!

    ReplyDelete
  37. tweeted: https://twitter.com/freefragments/status/432730156814184449

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the clothing and cleaning product discounts that are frequently available, but this month I will be taking advantage of the 5% off Market Pantry items for some holiday/birthday baking!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I like the 20% off Johnson's Baby Oil.
    trinitygsd at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the 15% off Circo Toddler Girls Apparel!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I got the M%M discount for Valentines

    ReplyDelete
  42. https://twitter.com/mkjmc/status/434077836043776000

    ReplyDelete
  43. I like you can get 30% off the Wii Fit U bundle

    ReplyDelete
  44. As a Pepsiholic, I like the 5% Pepsi deal.

    ReplyDelete
  45. https://twitter.com/smilekisses/status/435296921666613248

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'm digging the 15% off Circo crib sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  47. like the Mossimo Supply Co. Yoga Pants

    ReplyDelete
  48. 15% off yoga pants!
    nuthouse(at)centurytel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  49. My favorite offer on Cartwheel is the discount on C9 clothing. :)

    amy [at] utry [dot] it

    ReplyDelete
  50. tweeted:
    https://twitter.com/uTry_it/status/436391117236350976

    amy [at] utry [dot] it

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the 10% off mossimo mix match swimwear! angelgenius27(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  52. tweeted https://twitter.com/angelgenius27/status/438199034587516928 angelgenius27(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  53. My favorite current offer is 20% off Kraft Mayo. sbcashortie at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks for the giveaway opportunity! I LOVE Target for their cute and quality products and the opportunity to save in so many ways (Cartwheel, manufacturer coupons + Target coupons, gift card offers).

    ReplyDelete
  55. haven't tried it yet so don't know any offers - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love the 10% of Up & Up products storewide.
    sonyadmorris@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Link to tweet:
    https://twitter.com/catholicfanatic/status/438809054022885376
    sonyadmorris@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I like the 15% off yoga pants deal.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I like the 5% off milk and kiwi deals.

    motioncitycutie(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I dont have a smartphone yet, but would like to find deals on pet supplies like purina cat chow

    ReplyDelete
  61. https://twitter.com/ardy22/status/439531572463534081

    ReplyDelete
  62. I like the 25% off Champion Apparel right now.

    ReplyDelete
  63. tweet
    https://twitter.com/eswright18/status/439542138452180992

    ReplyDelete
  64. I love the grocery offers! medicus11(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I have not tried yet,so I don't know the offers. But the ones posted here sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Tweet!~

    https://twitter.com/Deb55106/status/439608874107404288

    ReplyDelete