Sunday, September 1, 2013

Painted Dragonfly Made From Maple Tree Seeds


Here's another cute idea I came across on Pinterest, these little dragonflies
were made from twigs, maple tree seeds and paint. Imagine them in a 
myriad of different colors... Not only would these be a great craft to do with
kids, but I think I could have plenty of fun making these myself! 





The photo below was her inspiration. 
I have to say I like the painted one above!



Original idea from Parents online  image by Ed Judice




What do you think?



I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns


12 comments:

  1. WoW! What a beautiful idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had seeds right now, it would be a cute project for the nieces and nephews to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea - so simple, as all the best ideas are. I can just imagine sparkly ones for the Christmas tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful idea. I have always collected maple tree seeds... Now I have something to do with all of the mounds I come home with! What a great activity for kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I think I'll try these with my girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What did you use to attach them? Is that some sort of blue adhesive, or hot glue painted blue, or...? They're beautiful and I want to make sure I don't mess them up when I try making them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make these also just a little bit different my question is how can you harden the Maple Leaves so you can put these outside? I have sprayed them with lacquer and it still makes them brittle. Maybe not brittle just not as strong as I would like them to be. I would like to make them and put them all around my garden

    ReplyDelete