Tuesday, February 14, 2012

From Worn to Wow! Awesome Ideas in Upholstery




One of my goals for 2012 is to learn how to upholster. On my quest for ideas to spark my imagination I came across some beautiful and interesting pieces of revamped, reupholstered vintage furniture that I just had to share with you! 

Check out these beautiful chairs, sofas and benches that use modern fabric or unexpected color and texture combinations, along with multiple fabrics to create one of a kind, bohemian style.


If you put the Beatles on it, it's instantly awesome! 





I NEED this chair!   




above photos by Antique 2 Chic




Love the rich, deep red!







Beautiful work by  Jane Hall Design


















(above and below)











 Antique 2 Chic





























What do you think of these looks?
Favorite?



I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase 
at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns




14 comments:

  1. Learn to upholster...OK, you are my hero:) I would love to upholster several of my chairs right now:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my first project lined up already - four easy dining room chair seats. I'm starting simple!

      Delete
  2. Some very interesting ideas here! My faves are the chairs labeled Bright with their mix of cheeful patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so pretty! I love the mix of colors and patterns.

      Delete
  3. Love! I am currently lusting after a pair of wingback chairs in an oversized black and white houndstooth check in a store window downtown. Love that pink and white one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about inspiration. Love the Ace chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My music teacher would love that first sofa with the Beatles on it. I'm interested in the Union Jack sofa. How can I save these to send to my music teacher and to take to my upholsterer for recovering my old regency sofa?
    Thanks,
    Sparky

    ReplyDelete
  6. where can I find the western chair and ottoman (cowhide with turquoise). Absolutely love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having taken upholstery classes from an upholster that worked for Henredon, I have done more than a few pieces of furniture. I love all of the above furniture. I have a few pieces that I plan on covering with faux fur that should be striking when finished. I just wish I had more time to devote to my passion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am undertaking the task of building my own sofa and cuddle chair with bookshelves !being part of the design. After pricing upholstery fabric I have decided to buy boxes of upholstery remnants much cheaper and piece them together for a bohemian look. Cannot wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of the chairs in image 11. I wouldn't mind having some like that in my home.

    ReplyDelete